- New School Website! We have created a new school website that we are hoping will enhance parent communication. We value your feedback so please go to kentelementary.ca to check it out! (If you get the old site, just remove the www – we are working on this). Thank you to CE Barry teacher Jacob Cowan for all his help in designing the site.
Math Language Ms. Exley and Mrs. Cardinal’s classes have been designing their own word problems starting with a math question. Framing the learning this way helps students to make math more relevant and develop a common math language. Check them out on the bulletin boards outside Ms. Exley’s class.
Chilliwack Chiefs Visit 2 members of the Chilliwack Chiefs junior hockey team, Austin Plevy and Luke Esposito, came to read and play floor hockey with Mrs. Gallamore’s class.
CHOICES Galore! Wednesday afternoons are pumping with excitement at Kent School as students are participating in activities such as hockey pool math, basketball, drama, comic book design, Heritage Fair, dance, food from around the world, bird watching, building, games, tag and fitness, stop motion video, 2-way radio, arts and crafts, and learning centres.
- Kent Hill The fence has been removed from our natural play area and the kids were able to enjoy time rolling and running up and down the hill. Unfortunately, the weather led to some muddy conditions so we will reopen when we get a string of sunny weather. Kids were so excited to play on their hill.
Supporting a Few of our Local Dancers We had the opportunity to watch the talent of 3 of our Kent Dancers as their studio, Project Dance, came to perform for our students in the gym. The students were thrilled to see their peers showcase their strengths.
- Supporting the SPCA Grade 5 students in Mrs. Peters class, along with the support of Mrs. Powell have taken on the task of raising money for the SPCA. They brought in their used toys and books to help bring in funds to support this great cause.
- SMART Simple Machines Projects Mr. Gallamore’s class is demonstrating their learning through their Simple Machines SMART Board presentations. To help students with their presentation skiils, students can only give themselves little visual clues on each slide.
- Happy 100 Day! Ms. Garrioch, Mrs. Roste, and Mrs. Smith’s classes participated in counting and building activities to help represent the number 100 as part of their 100 Day celebrations.
- Rotations and Reflections Mr. Mills’ class is learning about reflections and rotations as part of their geometry unit in math. Ask your child to explain the difference.
- Music and Choir Intermediate students are practicing their duets and trios on their recorders. A reminder to make sure your child has a recorder at school. Students in choir have been given CDs of the songs they are learning for the Spring Concert on June 6-7.