Families: Here’s something to talk about with your child or with each other! (please click on the links for more info and on the image to enlarge)
- Family Literacy Day Today is National Family Literacy Day – families of Kent school were invited to come into the library for an open house that showcased literacy at Kent School!
- Family Dance Tonight! Mrs. Di Rezze invites you and your family to another Family Dance in the Kent Gym from 7-8:30. Bring a water bottle and non-marking shoes… and your sweet dance moves. Also, both choirs have started learning songs for our 21st Annual Spring Concert with the theme of “Work and Play”
- CHOICES Kids were pumped as they left the school on Wednesday just coming out of activities like Sculpting, Dance, Origami, Lego Design, Canoe Building and many more! The effort that Kent staff puts into this program is so inspiring! What did your child choose?
Plays and Peace Ms. Home’s reading group read The Story of Rosa Parks and then put on a play for other grades that helped people understand the struggles that occurred following Rosa Parks’ decision to sit at the front of the bus as well as the resulting movement led by Dr. Martin Luther King. The little Kent actors and actresses were well prepared for their big performance.
- A Natural Playground With the success of the school garden Kent is looking to add a hill to the playground with long grass and many areas to explore for kids. Please come to the planning meeting next Thursday, February 2 at 6:30pm to learn more and add your input!
Snow Days Thank you for your communication and support during the challenges that were faced last week. A big thank you to our custodians Stephanie Eckstein and Donna Henry as well as maintenance support Andy Brink and Dan Landrath for coming to work and looking after our school. Also, thank you to Mrs. Dumas for coming in each day in case students arrived at school.
- Another Penner! Congrats to Mr. Penner on the birth of his 2nd child – a baby boy!
- Snow Pile Fun! Although the snow has melted in most of the field, our large snow pile remains. Students have been sledding, sliding, and smiling all week long. Mrs. Dove’s class enjoyed their annual long winter walk today – complete with a little snow.
- Loving the Read Aloud I always enjoy seeing all our students captivated by a good story read aloud by their teacher. Kids are never too old to enjoy a great book read aloud.
Food Revolution at Kent Chefs Miel Bernstein and Carmen Swaine are coming each Friday to cook with a small group of kids and teach the value of nutrition. They often uses local, caanic ingredients in their recipes. Watch for the recipes on our blog and Facebook Page. So great to have our community come and work with our kids!
Have a great weekend and, as always, feedback is appreciated and can be left in the comments section below.