Long Houses and Pit Houses Mrs. Smith’s class is learning about local Sto:lo culture and as a way to demonstrate their learning, they created some amazing models of Pit Houses and Long Houses.
Butterflies! The first butterflies have grown from the Chrysalis stage and arrived in Mrs. V’s grade 1 class! The students were so excited for the learning and the growth happening right before their eyes.
- Flight Students in Mrs. Gallamore’s students are exploring the history of air transportation and the many ways humans have attempted flight. Be sure to come check out the projects lining our intermediate hallways.
Dunked! Many staff members (and AESS Leadership Students) braved the cold water and cold weather to help fundraise for the grade 6 camp trip. Students lined up throughout the day to have their shot at getting their chosen staff members a wee bit wet (and freezing cold).
- Year End Honouring Assembly Our year end assembly, in which we honour each grade 6 student, is set for Tuesday, June 26 at 1:05. All families are invited to attend this event.
- Reading Kindies! Mr. Wejr had the privilege of having each student in Mrs. Dove’s kindergarten class read to him. The students were so excited to grab their favourite book and showcase their new reading skills.
- Mini-Performances in Music Mrs. Di Rezze invites you to come and watch the students perform in their music classes.
|June 18||9:45 Mrs. Smith10:45 Mr. Mills||June 19||9:00 Ms. Garrioch9:45 Mrs. Dove
10:45 Mrs. V
|11:30 Ms. Home1:10 Ms Exley
1:55 Mrs. Cardinal
|June 20||9:40 Mr. Gallamore10:45 Mr. Penner
11:30 Mrs. Gallamore
(8) CE Barry Band Performs Our students listened to the grade 7 band from CE Barry Middle School in Hope perform as they stopped in Thursday for a brief set.
- (9) Miniature Art: Students in Ms. Exley’s class have created some wonderful miniature art of objects and scenery. Please check out the display across from room 6!
- (10) Blogging with Kindies Ms. Garrioch’s class is working on their reading and writing skills by reading and commenting on blogs from students from all over the world.
To enlarge photos, click on the image. Comments are always welcome (in the comments sections below).
Note: Last day of classes for students is Thursday, June 28. Early dismissal at 9:45.