SD78 APP is here! Want to stay updated on events at Kent? Be sure to download the FREE app both in the Apple store as well as in Google Play for Android devices. For more info, click here.
- Welcome Back We hope you enjoyed some family time over spring break. Was so great to see the kids return with smiles on their faces and some beautiful weather.
- Spring Into Reading Mrs. Dumas, Ms. Exley, and Mrs. Cardinal have been meeting after school to organize a theme for the month of April to encourage a love for reading. This year, we will have VIP readers, an author visit, a book swap, and many other book promotions to help kids “Spring Into Reading”!
- Kent Musical The intermediate students have been working hard with Mrs. Di Rezze and Mr. Mills writing, choreographing and practicing their lines for the upcoming Kent Musical. Be sure to come check it out at the Harrison Memorial Hall on April 6 at 7:00pm and April 7 at 2:00pm.
- Basketball Both our girls and boys teams made us proud once again this week as they travelled to Chilliwack to play another league game. The boys defeated Little Mountain while the girls defeated Strathcona. All these lunch and after school practices are really paying off for these dedicated players.
Learning About Epilepsy Mrs. Peters’ class invited parent Nola Crocker from the BC Centre for Epilepsy and Seizure Education (www.epilipsy.cc) to come and speak to her class around awareness of epilepsy and seizures. The students asked some great questions and were encouraged to promote awareness each day as well as through Purple Day next March.
- The Light Savers! PLEASE VOTE! Custodian Stephanie Eckstein has our Destination Conservation team “The Light Savers” conserving energy and teaching students and staff about ways to help. You can check out their video at http://bit.ly/Y16CNg and be sure to vote for them in the BC Green Games!
Giant Peach Anyone? Mrs. Cardinal’s class is pumped about the novel they are reading and discussing in class. Check out their artwork and writing on the board outside their classroom
- Skipping Students If you start to notice more and more students skipping at school, be sure to encourage them or even join in! Jump Rope For Heart kickoff will be April 12.
Bunny Run Our school walked and ran just under 3km in the beautiful sun today. Congratulations to the students for their efforts. It was especially an exciting run for Myles and Simon who both broke the school record – 10:30 for 2.8km!!!
As always, we appreciate your questions and feedback so please feel free to comment below! A reminder that you can view the enlarged photos by clicking on them.
HAVE A WONDERFUL EASTER WEEKEND.