- Welcome Back Students were excited to return to school after spring break… hope you enjoyed some time together as a family!
- Reading legends! Ms. Exley’s readers shared their wonderful legends they created this week. Great flow, descriptive words, and creativity!
Artists Revealed Mr. Mills class shared their previous inspiration of Van Gogh in their artwork while Mrs. Smith’s class showcased their use of hands as inspiration for their work. Please check out this lovely display in the hall and in the classes.
- Bulls Win! In boys’ basketball house games, the underdog Bulls team came out victorious in a 21-12 championship win. Congrats to all participants and thanks to Mr. Gallamore for his leadership.
Jump Rope and Hoops for Heart Beads of sweat were present on the majority of our students’ faces today as they moved from station to station as part of our Jump Rope and Hoops For Heart program. Although the fundraising tally is not yet known, it looks like we have raised close to $2000 for Heart and Stroke Foundation. Thank you to Mrs. Gallamore and her grade 6 class for leading this!
- Natural Playground Our “Hill Team” presented our idea of the natural play area to the Board of Education and it was well-received but we are awaiting approval. Stay tuned for more!
Mission Thunderstompers Skipping Team Our students were inspired to sharpen their skipping skills following a show by a skipping team from Mission. The students were from all ages and demonstrated skills and teamwork throughout their performance.
- Kindy Tweeters Ms. Garrioch’s class has their own private Twitter account that they use to connect with other students from around the world, even as far away as Japan!
- Scholastic Book Fair Students will have the opportunity to check out and purchase Scholastic books next week from Tuesday-Thursday. The book fair will be in the library from 1:05-3:30 each of the days.
- Great Feedback from BC author Julie Lawson visited our school as part of our “For The Love of Books” promotion and this was her feedback: “I really enjoyed my time at your school. It was clear that your month of Reading for the Love of Books made an impact on the students, and I was delighted to have been a part of it. Wonderful kids, and a lovely staff. I’dteach there in a minute!”
- Basketball Both girls and boys basketball teams continue to practice hard and compete in the Chilliwack league. The boys defeated Evans Elementary this week. Thank you to Mr. D. Penner, Mrs. Gallamore and Mr. Grieshaber-Otto for volunteering!
As always, we welcome comments and feedback! Have a great weekend.