- Heritage Fair – Mr. Mills and Mrs. Gallamore’s classes shared their learning of Canadian history in their fantastic Heritage Fair projects. 10 students will be moving on to the Regional Fair at Tradex in Abbotsford. Congratulations to the students for all their efforts. Also, a special thank you to Mrs. Dumas for all her support on these projects.
- Tulip Trip Mrs. Peters’ class travelled to Onos Greenhouses to see millions of bulbs and tulips. This local field trip aligns so well with the curricular outcomes for social studies and science.
- Supporting the SPCA Mrs. Powell, Miss Martinson and the grade 5 group from Division 2 have been raising money for the SPCA. Today they travelled to the Chilliwack SPCA to learn more about the facilities and the support this wonderful society gives our local animals.
- Cyber Safety The grade 6’s travelled to Rosedale School to attend a session with Saanich Police Staff Sergeant Darren Laur on staying protected online. The key take away was that although you have privacy settings, anything you post online is public, permanent and searchable.
- Hoops! Our intermediate basketball teams have started their league play. Mr. Grieshaber-Otto (boys) and Mrs. Gallamore (girls) have the teams playing squads from Chilliwack as well as Agassiz Christian.
- The Light Savers! Custodian Stephanie Eckstein has our Destination Conservation team “The Light Savers” conserving energy and teaching students and staff about ways to help. You can check out their video at http://bit.ly/Y16CNg and be sure to vote for them in the BC Green Games!
- Pirates, Pies, and Plays Mr. Turner’s reading group performed two entertaining plays: “Captain Bumble” and “The Pie Thief” yesterday. The parents and students who attended thoroughly enjoyed the performance of these little actors.
- Sto:lo Days Mr. Mills class travelled to Seabird to take part in the Sto:lo Days festivities and celebrations. Learning about First Nation culture is a key component of the grade 4 curriculum.
- Report Cards A reminder that report cards are going home today. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s teacher following the break.
- March Break is Here! On behalf of the staff at Kent School, we wish you a restful and family-filled two weeks. School is back in session on March 25!
Check out the video of images from February at Kent School by clicking here!
Have a great Spring Break!