Rick Hansen Relay The relay will be coming through Agassiz on May 11. We are honoured to have a medal bearer, Danae Timmers, represent our school. Please come and support Danae as she runs past Kent School at 1:45 on Friday, May 11th!
- Run For Water Last week, we had Randall Peters, of Run For Water, come to our school and present to our students about the challenges that the country of Ethiopia faces with their water supply. Kent students are encouraged to register for the Run For Water which takes place on May 27th in Abbotsford. Please go to abbotsford.runforwater.ca to register.
Talking Cultural Respect Eric Wong, of the First Nation Education Steering Committee (FNESC) came to present to Mr. Gallamore and Mr. Penner’s classes on respect toward all cultures.
- Dip Your Toes Students will be dipping in soon for the annual swim program. Students will receive notice about 2 weeks prior to their fist day at the pool. Please make sure your child has a swimsuit.
- Sports Day Sports Day will be May 17 this year. This is a great opportunity to grab your lawn chairs and enjoy the day at Kent School! If you have a shade tent we can borrow, please contact the school.
- Guitar Heroes Students are learning string instruments in music these days. They are realizing it is a bit different to play a video game than it is to play the real thing!
- Day at the Aquarium Ms. Home’s class traveled to the Vancouver Aquarium to check out some marine life. The favourite was “trying on” a sea turtle shell!
Projects for Water Mrs. Gallamore’s class is showing some real creativity with their projects for Run For Water. They are sending them to Abbotsford next week.
- Social Media and Youth Mr. Wejr presented the benefits and concerns with social media (Facebook, YouTube, etc) to Mr. Gallamore and Mr. Penner’s classes. Students were also shown how to adjust their privacy settings on their accounts.
- Restorative Circles Mrs. Smith’s class is using restorative circles to problem solve and develop community in their classroom.
- Ready Set Learn! We invite all families of 3- and 4-year olds to come and learn all about what our community has to offer for you. Ready Set Learn happens on Tuesday afternoon in the Kent Gym.
- Cricket at Kent! Kent is hosting an Introductory Cricket Program for kids aged 7-10, 11-14 and 15+ starting this coming Wednesday, May 9th. The sessions are for 1 hour each week and run 3-4pm, 4-5pm and 5-6pm for each age group. Registration is at the District Leisure Centre and the whole month only costs $10 ($2.50 per hour). The coach is a parent of grade 3 student, Katelyn Gafka, and brings his Cricketing knowledge from New Zealand.
As always, feedback is appreciated so feel free to comment below.