- Welcome Back to 10 Good Things! Welcome to another school year at Kent School! Please check your child’s backpack on Fridays as we send home the weekly letter with news about Kent. You can also receive them via email and online at www.kentelementary.ca.
- Happy Fall Fair Another September means another Fall Fair! Our students and staff have been working hard preparing our float for the parade. Teachers have also been using Fall Fair as a theme to teach writing and reading in their classes.
- Welcome Back BBQ We are excited to welcome parents and families to a free BBQ in our back field next Tuesday from 5:00-7:00. At 6:00, families are encouraged to come into the school and meet the teachers and staff. FREE burgers, hotdogs, and watermelon will be served. Please bring plates, cutlery and a drink. See you Tuesday!
- Getting to Know Each Other Many classes create projects at this time of the year with the learning intention of getting to know each other. Whether it is creating a personal crest or a silhouette with images, this is a great opportunity for students to share and be proud of who they are.
- Kent Professional Learning Time We have a staff of learners and we are curious about a number of ideas that will help our students. This year, we have implemented a few periods a week for staff to meet to inquire about and build upon these ideas so they can further enhance student learning. We already have staff discussing project-based learning, technology to enhance parent communication, thematic arts, and implementing learning about residential schools. It is certainly going to be an exciting year of learning for our staff!
- All About Inclusion We are so proud of the inclusive atmosphere that is Kent School. Every student has their own needs and differences and it is so important to reach out and include others, regardless of differences. Please encourage your child to reach out and include beyond the school – it can have a huge impact on all our students. For more of my thoughts on this, go to: http://bit.ly/1e2Oihx
- Library Renovations Our library is often the learning hub of our school… and it just got even better. Drop by to check out the beautiful changes that have been made to make it brighter with more space for student learning.
- New Students We had over 40 new students (in addition to our our kindergarten students) arrive to school this September. Please take a moment to get to know our new families and welcome them into our Kent Community. For those new students and families, if you ever need anything or have any questions, please call or email me at the school (CW).
- Welcome Back Miss Martinson We are thrilled to have Miss Martinson return to our school this year as our grade 2/3 teacher. Our grade 1/2 position will be finalized on Monday.
- School Photos A reminder that school photos will take place on Friday, September 20. SMILE!
For a video of the first week at Kent, go to: http://bit.ly/1bfyru4
Enjoy the Fall Fair!!! Be sure to come watch our students on the Kent Float in the parade and watch Mr. Wejr in the “Celebrity Goat Milking Contest” at 3:30.