Families: here are 10 good things to talk about with your family and others:
- Santa’s Workshop Mrs. Gallamore’s grade 6 class put on a wonderful Santa’s
Workshop for all interested students to enjoy. They had cookie decorating, games, and even Santa! Check out the video here.
- Food Bank and Cereal Drive The school brought in almost 100 boxes of cereal and Ms. Home’s class had a huge bin full of food to donate to the local food bank.
Readers’ Theatre I had the honour of catching a number of readers’ theatre and plays in our primary classes this past week. Congrats to Ms. Exley, Mrs. Dumas, Ms. Home, and Mrs. Cardinal’s students for their hard work as well as great acting and reading skills.
- Kindie Baking and Crafts I walked into the kindergarten class to check out their
awesome holiday baking/crafts and Mrs. Dove and Ms. Garrioch put me right to work! I was supposed to be helping with some crafts but I am pretty sure the kids were doing the teaching!
Choir Concert Congratulations to Mrs. Di Rezze and all those who put in a great effort to make our choir concert a success. The students played some beautiful songs to celebrate the season in front of a gym full of students and families. The choir also travelled to Chilliwack last week to sing their festive songs for some elder community members (and had a great time).
- All About Me Mr. Mills class is looking into their family tree, interviewing their elders, and presenting their projects to the class. Awesome to see homework that includes learning from family!
- Festive Lunch Over 300 people sat down to enjoy our 21stAnnual Festive Lunch this
week. Thank you so much to the PAC for all their work in making this another great success.
- Animal Project Presentations Ms. Home and Mrs. Dumas worked with the grade 1/2 students to help them develop and answer their own research questions… then present their findings to the class. We saw some excited students sharing their findings in a very professional manner!
Learning from the Chiefs Mr. Gallamore’s class had a few members of the Chilliwack Chiefs come in to read and play hockey with the class. Great role modeling by our local hockey players.
- Volleyball and House Games Mr. Penner took some of our volleyball players over to Agassiz Christian last week to participate in a tournament. The students once again represented our school well. The big final of the boys’ house games happened today at lunch… pretty intense game and a loud gym for Mr. Gallamore and his boys. Mrs. Gallamore wrapped up the exciting Skittle Ball League in girls’ house games last week too…. congrats to all who participated!
As always, feedback is encouraged so please comment below.
From all of us at Kent School… Have a great holiday with family!!!
Families: Here’s something to talk about with your child or with each other!
- Cereal Drive on Now Please bring in unopened cereal boxes to the school to support the local food bank. Boxes can be left near the library.
- Food Drive With Ms. Home If you would like to donate other non-perishable food items, please drop them off in Ms. Home’s class to help them help others.
- Diorama Time! Mrs Smith’s class combined their artistic abilities with their knowledge of biology/ecology to create some awesome dioramas of nature.
- First Nation Art Mr. Penner’s class has some of their creative First Nation artwork on display in the hallway… come check it out!
- Poinsettia Orders Please support Kent School by ordering a poinsettia or 2 through our PAC. Order forms have been sent home but we have more available in the office. Due Dec. 9.
- Math Games Our intermediate students have taken their math problem solving skills to a new level with new ideas brought back by teachers who attended a math conference. Ask your child about Kakooma!
- Helping students with Anxiety Many staff members participated in a workshop on supporting students with anxiety. Anxiety is more common than we realize. Info about how to support coming soon.
- Author’s Workshop Ms. Garrioch’s kindergarten class created their own books in a kindergarten writer’s workshop… their creativity blew me away!
- K/1 FN Honouring Ceremony We honoured our FN students in kindergarten and grade 1 this week for the strengths they have within them. Families enjoyed lunch as well as some singing and drumming during this important event. Thanks to Kasey, Nelson, and Mrs. Pennier for all their help! For a post on the discussion that took place with parents prior to the event, please click here).
- Recorder Crazy! Mrs. Di Rezze has our students developing quite the skills with the recorder. I was thrilled to be part of the audience for Mr. Gallamore’s class to showcase their skills with Beethoven music on the tenor, alto, and sopranino recorders.
Have a great weekend!