- Kent Musical! Our musical theatre production “The Good Old Days” was a huge success! Although this was kind of a rehearsal for an upcoming weekend show in January, “these kids rocked”! The production was written and choreographed by students, Mrs. Di Rezze, and Mr. Mills. Congratulations to all those involved!
Identity Day What a powerful day! Students and staff learned so much about each other through their identity projects and presentations. Students took a big risk putting themselves out there and it paid off as we all know so much more about each other. Thank you to staff, students, and families for all their efforts! A video of images can be seen in the embedded video below or by clicking here.
Community Carol Evening Many of our intermediate students participated in the community carol festival with a number of local choral groups. They sang 2 songs for a packed house at the Ag-Rec Hall.
- Pajama Day Slippers, sleepers and jammies were everywhere on Thursday as some of our grade 3 students caanized a pajama day for the school.
- Report Cards Term 1 report cards will be coming home today. Please check your child’s backpack and contact the teacher with any questions.
- Cereal Drive We are doing our annual cereal drive again this year. Please bring any unopened boxes of cereal to the school to donate them to community services.
- Food Drive Ms. Home’s class is leading our food drive as well. Please bring in any cans/non-perishable food items. Our goal is 245 (one per student).
- Festive Lunch Every child and staff member will sit down for a catered turkey lunch on Tuesday, December 18. This has been a valued tradition at Kent School for over 20 years. Families are encouraged to help decorate the gym by making a homemade (recycled materials are encouraged) snowflake decoration. Please see the info sent home by the PAC.
Christmas Trees Community volunteer and member of our school community, Jim Johnson, came in to work with Mrs. Gallamore’s class to make Christmas trees out of wire hangers and decorations.
Legion Contest Winners A number of our grade 6 students placed high in the Legion Remembrance Day poetry, essay, and art contest. Congrats to all those who participated!
IDENTITY DAY IMAGES
- Kent Musical! Our musical theatre production “The Good Old Days” has been moved until next Friday, December 7th at 1:00pm. UPDATE: DUE TO SOME CONFLICTING SCHEDULING OF THE CAST, THE MUSICAL IS NOW ON THURSDAY, DEC 6th at 1:00pm.
- Identity Day This exciting school-wide project day is coming December 4th. Each student will to do a project on themselves – on their family or culture, a passion or an area of interest. What is your child doing for ID Day? For information and examples of projects from 2011, please go to http://bit.ly/U1fRK1.
Supporting Movember Our grade 6 students all helped to make and sell fruit kabobs with all proceeds going to prostate cancer research and men’s health.
- Pajama Day Some of our grade 3 students have caanized a pajama day for next Thursday, Dec 6.
A Day to Discuss Reading Kent teachers all met and discussed how we could improve on the consistency in how we teach and assess reading. It was a powerful day led by Kent teachers.
- Destination Conservation Some grade 5 students, with the help of Mrs. Eckstein and Mrs. Powell, attended a workshop a few weeks ago to learn ways to conserve energy at Kent School. Since then, they have been busy doing energy audits on our school.
- Community Carol Festival Our Kent Choir will be performing at the Community Carol Festival next Thursday at 7:00. Come out and support the kids and the community.
- Sounding Out Their Notes Mrs. Roste’s grade 1’s are making reading and writing relevant as they work on sounding out words by writing (and then reading) friendly notes to each other.
- SMART Board Projects Mr. Gallamore’s class has started to present their SMART Board projects that they have created. They chose a topic of interest, worked on their research skills and used the technology to help them present.
- Parent Readers Ms. Home’s class welcomes family readers into their classroom every Friday morning to read with them. The students are always so excited to read with the parents!
PAC FUNDRAISER: Holiday Poinsettias: choices include 4″ poinsettias to 12″ tricolors and beautiful dishgardens. Please see the forms sent home last week for order info.
A reminder that Report Cards come home Friday. Blog comments are always welcome and a reminder that if you would like to view the photos in a larger view, just click the image.