Sports Day! We had another beautiful day with tons of smiles for our annual sports day! Thank you to all the staff , students and parents for making this happen! For a video of images from Sports Day, click here.
Intermediate First Nation Honouring Ceremony We welcomed families and honoured our intermediate First Nation students for the strengths they have. Thank you so much to Kasey, Kim, and Mrs. Pennier along with the grade 6 students for helping and planning. Also, thank you to Mr. James Leon and some of our students for their great leadership in drumming and singing.
Learning About the Flood of ’48 Mrs. Cardinal’s class has been reading the story “Flood Warning”, writing journals from the characters’ point of view and learning (in the school and at the public library) all about the events of the Flood of 1948!
- Career Fair For Health and Careers, Miss Martinson/Mrs. Peters’ class is working on a career to explore which they will share and present to each of their classmates in June.
- New Kindergarten Families We welcomed some new and familiar faces in our kindergarten orientation yesterday. For local families of children aged 0-5, be sure to come out for our Ready, Set, Learn on Tuesday, May 28 from 1:00-2:30pm.
Getting Dirty Learning About Contour Maps In addition to learning contour mapping skills in the classroom, Ms. Exley’s class took to the big long jump pit to get their hands dirty making mountains with contour lines.
- Math and Art Mrs. Gallamore’s class have been learning about slides and rotations in math by using art to present their learning in a creative way.
- Beautiful Kent Garden Our garden is stunning right now, be sure to come behind the school and check out the view from our hill.
Wonder Wall Mrs. Smith’s grade 1’s have been working on asking quality questions. They are currently writing wonderful questions about caterpillars.
- Kent Music and Choir Grade 3-6 homemade instruments are due June 3, 4. The primary choir will travel to Cheam Village and Logan Manor on May 29. Intermediate choir visits 5 care homes on May 31. The trips are in preparation for the choir concerts coming up June 6-7.
- Talent Show auditions for the June 14 talent show will be next week.
As always, comments and feedback are appreciated. Click on photos to see enlarged version.
Our thoughts are with the Mebesius family…
For families of children aged 0-5 in our community, stop by the school on Tuesday, May 28 from 1-230 for our 2013 Ready, Set, Learn event.
There will be tables set up from local organizations to help you learn more about available resources to support your child’s health and early learning.
There will also be centres for kids to play and learn.
For more info contact Kent kindergarten teacher Stacey Garrioch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school at 604-796-2161.
As we slightly shift our focus towards next year, we want to remind the families of our kindergarten orientation tomorrow from 11:00-11:45 in the school library. Bring you kids and learn all about the focus of the Kent kindergarten program.
Information was given out in the registration package and if you have any questions, please contact the school.
We are ooking forward to meeting the families of our kindergarten community next year!